Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Ukulele Story


Once upon a time in a land far, far away....This is a true story. This is my journey with ukulele, it all started way back in 2009.When I spent my one month vacation in my sisters’ place. My youngest sister first introduced me to this cute-little stringed instrument called oo-koo-lay-lay. I was fascinated by its size and how adorable the sound it produced, it's irresistible!  Since I have nothing "productive" thing to do over there other than eating, reading and sleeping at that time so she taught me 4 basic chords ( C,G,F,Em) and gave me her ukulele before she went to her boarding school automatically the Ukelele has that "sentimental value". By the time I reached my place I decided to learn more about this cute instrument. As I learn, the interest and love for ukulele grows.At first it was not easy because I have to practice and learn alone and I am still, getting my resources from the internet and just practice it whenever I'm free. The people in my small town have no idea what Ukelele is and there are still a lot of people who doesn't know about this instrument, most people will tell me "you have a cute small guitar!", "you are the girl with that small guitar!" or "where's your small guitar?" that's where i get the name Ukelele Girl, I also have this in my mind where i think it would be great if i can start a group or a Ukelele Club and start teaching the young people and kids, we can sing on the streets, hospital, old folks home and etc, i think it would be awesome :). well anyway, over the years one thing that have touched me is there are people who saw me playing and were inspired so they hunt for their own Ukelele and started to learn, like me. Ukelele is a very happy-instrument and I dont know why but every time I start to play it will make me happy and other people who are listening smiling and it feels good to see them smiling and enjoying the sound, strangers will come and ask questions and others just gave compliment about my "small guitar" and kids, they love it! : )

CLICK HERE TO KNOW HOW I LEARN UKULELE

No comments:

Post a Comment